· EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitisation Reprocessing) Parts 1, 2 and 3
· Substantial training in: Transactional Analysis, Brief Solution Focussed Therapy,
Couple Counselling, Use of Imagery in Psychotherapy & Supervision
Over the last 25 years or so I have worked in a number of settings including:
· Private practice – individuals or couples fund their own therapy
· NHS / GP Practices – referrals from doctors and other health professionals
· NHS & Local Government staff counselling
· Employees from local companies – referred to me directly or through Employee Support
· Higher Education – counselling & teaching students at two local universities (teaching
subjects include ‘Person Centred Approaches to Guidance &* Counselling’, Psychodynamic
Approaches to Guidance & Counselling’, Helping Clients Work Through Internal Conflict’,
‘Helping Adults Work Through Childhood Difficulties’)
· Addictions Agency – working with clients with alcohol and other substance dependencies.
· Cruse Bereavement Care – voluntary work.
· Supervision of other Therapists, Occupational Psychologist, Prison Officers and
groups of Cancer Care Workers